University of Guanajuato

Miguel Angel Victoria Fotógrafo

The University has data from the eighteenth century, colonial stage of Villa de Guanajuato, it has its bases at the Hospice of the Holy Trinity, installed on the first of October 1732, which was home room of its promoter Doña Teresa Busto and Moya, who with the cooperation of 14 rich miners of the city managed to install the first educational establishment in Guanajuato.
The Hospice was history of the College of the Society of Jesus, of the ladies of Busto and Moya, and in this Hospice, served by five Jesuit missionaries, the teaching of letters and spiritual guidance to children and adults around.

In 1744, the Spanish Crown gave a license so the hospice would become the College of Jesuitas instead of the College of the Holy Trinity, imparting arts courses and grammar lectures, keeping the school of “the first letters” for the children of mineworkers, maintain the campus with donations from Mrs. Busto and Moya, and the one that was given in 1738 by Don Pedro Bautista Lascuráin de Retana, consisting of four farms whose products was to be invested in the funding of a professorship of arts and support four missionaries.
The College of the Holy Trinity formed a group of fifteen philosophers, graduated in 1763, all of them from the economically weak groups of Guanajuato who work on days off to spend the day studying; they were all later teachers in the various schools of Jesuits installed in the country.

The construction of the Temple began on July 26th, 1747 and the College on the 29th of October 1759, in July of 1767 the Jesuits were banished, and the school was left only having one floor.

The construction of the Temple began on July 26th, 1747 and the College on the 29th of October 1759, in July of 1767 the Jesuits were banished, and the school was left only having one floor.
In 1796, on the December the 8th, a seminar study for pensioners was established in a part of the school premises which was not assigned by the Superior Board of Temporalities, administrator of the property of the expelled Jesuits, of the felipenses parents 1786. This school initiated its classes with fifteen internal students and for some years imparted courses of rhetoric, arts and modern philosophy. Struggles for the Independence of Mexico broke the order of studies, but nevertheless there was always educational task at the Royal College of Purisima and even after gaining independence, when Emperor Agustin of Iturbide ordered that the exchange house of Guanajuato be established in the building of the school, one teacher, the priest Marcelino Mangas, sustained a group of students studies of Rhetoric and Mathematics, as well as courses Latin in one room of the College that achieved with the consent of Iturbide himself.

With the first Constitutional Government on August 29th, 1827, under the leadership of Mr. Carlos Montes of Oca Mendez the college was established, first ruler to deal with the destiny of Higher Education of Guanajuato. The campus became part of the responsibilities of the government, changing its name to the College of the Immaculate Conception, in1828.

With the first Constitutional Government on August 29th, 1827, under the leadership of Mr. Carlos Montes of Oca Mendez the college was established, first ruler to deal with the destiny of Higher Education of Guanajuato. The campus became part of the responsibilities of the government, changing its name to the College of the Immaculate Conception, in1828.
The building was renovated and expanded and studies included a new study plan, establishing second and third levels of education. In this professional level the professions of Mining and Law were founded, the professions of ecclesiastical and an Academy of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture were subsistent, the school had a public Library since 1831.
For a long period, from 1828 to 1867, the College of the Purisima had periods of flowering and decay, there were numerous graduates of the College who gave prestige to the institution and the country in the field of law, like Manuel Bending, Octaviano Muñoz Ledo and Ponciano Burquiza ; in letters like Juan and Ramon Valle, José Rosas Moreno and Lucio Marmolejo
In 1867, the campus changed its name to National College of Guanajuato. From 1870 to 1882, Technical and scientific careers proliferated, research flourishes and many of the inventors and discoverers won international awards for their work, Severo Navia, Vicente Fernandez, Juan N. Contreras, Juan Bonifacio Olivares, Guerrero and Nicéforo Manuel Villasenor are some of the examples of the excellence in teaching of the State College .
Until 1915 the State College had the support of rulers like Florencio Antillon and Francisco Z. Mena that worried about the future of knowledge.

In 1945, thanks to the enthusiasm, the dynamism and firmness of Mr. Armando Olivares Carrillo, the last director of the State College, this became the University of Guanajuato.

In 1945, thanks to the enthusiasm, the dynamism and firmness of Mr. Armando Olivares Carrillo, the last director of the State College, this became the University of Guanajuato.
In 1952 the rector Antonio Torres Gomez created the School of Music Symphony Orchestra of the University and the School of Dramatic Arts, this last one although not long-lasting, constituted a fundamental background for the staging of the Cervantinos Entremeses -germen International Cervantino Festival – thanks to the vision and effort of Enrique Ruelas and Eugenio Trueba Olivares, who, on the other hand, being rector of the University founded two cultural institutions that remain forefront of cultural diffusion in the region: the Cine Club and Radio University, besides being the main promoter of the University Theater, which continues to represent the Cervantinos Entremeses in the Plaza of San Roque in the city of Guanajuato.
On the night of April 13, 1963, presented for the first time in the Plaza of San Roque and as a complementary event to Cervantinos Entremeses, the musical group known as the “Estudiantina” of the University of Guanajuato. That same night, this group would also create the musical spectacle that characterizes the city known as the Callejoneada. This group is the first of its kind established in America and that would have a strong echo in the emergence of new estudiantinas and “tunas”, across the country, then the rest of the continent.

In October 1991, while Master Juan Carlos Romero Hicks was rector, the university community was invited to participate in the process of autonomy and regulatory reform; on May 11th, 1994 the LV Legislature of the State Congress passed the Organic Law of the University with which it obtained the authority and responsibility to govern itself.

In October 1991, while Master Juan Carlos Romero Hicks was rector, the university community was invited to participate in the process of autonomy and regulatory reform; on May 11th, 1994 the LV Legislature of the State Congress passed the Organic Law of the University with which it obtained the authority and responsibility to govern itself.
More than a decade later, in full exercise and responsibility for their autonomy, the university community relived an intense transformation process that led to a multi-campus structure and a new academic model that will allow the institution to better respond to the needs of society in terms of coverage, relevance and educational offerings.
The new process of change was led by the now former rector, Dr. Arturo Lara Lopez, and gave rise to a draft of the organic law, which was approved by the University Council on May 16th 2006, a document that indicates institutional will of adopting a new organic and academic model characterized by a multi-campus structure, the departmental performance and matrix of its higher education subsystem and the integration of a subsystem of high school.
On May 31st 2007, the LX Constitutional Legislature of the state of Guanajuato unanimously approved the new Organic Law of the University of Guanajuato, and on June 15th of that year, the State Governor, Juan Manuel Oliva Ramirez, published in the Official Gazette of the State of Guanajuato such regulations for its entry into force on October the 15th. In this way, the institution began a new phase of its history.
On March 26th 2015, the plenary of the LXII Legislature of the Congress of Guanajuato unanimously approved grant to the University of Guanajuato recognition of “Meritorious University” for its contributions to education, science, art and culture in the state Guanajuato and in the country as well as its consolidation and international prestige of the university.

Virtual Reality (VR)

Virtual reality images for virtual reality glasses viewing in mobile devices

DALE CLICK A LA IMAGEN
DALE CLICK A LA IMAGEN

There are no limits to see the world: live the experience by yourself in virtual reality !

Join us !

Recibe las mejores fotos en tu correo

Little Planet

University of Guanajuato
University of Guanajuato

Photo Gallery

How this Virtual Tour was made

The equipment used to perform virtual tour are the following:

  • Nikon D810 DSLR Camera
  • Lens Sigma 8 mm Fisheye
  • Nodal Ninja NN4 Tripod Head
  • Manfrotto 190 Carbon Fiber Tripod
  • Remote Switch

The software processing of the image was

  • Lightroom to process RAW files
  • PTGui for stitching images
  • Photoshop general and local settings
  • PanoTour Pro for generating virtual tour
Walking the streets of Guanajuato taking sphere photos allows us to get to know the history of this beautiful city and how prominent personalities have contributed to its development. With a budget of 700 thousand pesos and thanks to the efforts of the rector Torres Gomez, on the 4th of February 1950 the construction of the Auditorium of the University began, in addition to classrooms, workshops and offices of the Faculty of Engineering in the building of Lascuráin Retana. From the beginning the monumental staircase was projected, which along with the facade constituted an unmistakable symbol of the identity of the university and icon of the city of Guanajuato. These works, along with the auditorium and other spaces were conceived and executed by the Arq. Vicente Urquiaga Rojas.

Would you like to use this virtual tour in your website?

Good news! Yes, you can use without asking for permission. Our site is licensed under "Creative Commons – Acknowledgement 4.0 International", This type of license allows you:

  • To Share- copy, distribute, execute and use the artwork publicly.
  • To Make derivative works.
  • To Use the artwork for commercial purposes.

This means that you must assign the credits of the work in the following way:

"University of Guanajuato, Fotografía (cc): Miguel Angel Victoria"

You need to copy the following code and paste the link in your website:

Licencia de Creative Commons
University of Guanajuato by Miguel Angel Victoria is licensed under Licencia Creative Commons Reconocimiento 4.0 Internacional . Created from the artwork retrieved from https://s3.amazonaws.com/sinaloa360/universidad-de-guanajuato/index.html. You can find more permissions under this license in https://www.sinaloa360.com
Universidad Autónoma de Sinaloa

Universidad Autónoma de Sinaloa

Traducción al idioma inglés realizada por la Universidad Autónoma de Sinaloa a través del Centro de Estudio de Idiomas Culiacán. English language translation made by Universidad Autónoma de Sinaloa through the collaboration of Centro de Estudio de Idiomas Culiacán

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *